Power Systems Laboratory
Officer Incharge : Supervisor Incharge : Shri , IB-1
- Power supply is the heart of the signaling system,has a vital role to play in the functioning of Railway Signalling System. There are a number of equipment which are associated with signals, and failure of power supply may lead to failures of these equipment which may cause heavy delays to traffic. With the advent of arrangements like Integrated Power Supply (IPS) systems cases of blanking of signals have been reduced considerably. The non-conventional energy sources like Solar energy is also being harnessed for signalling installations in non-electrified and hill areas of Indian Railways.
- In power systems lab, the various makes of Integrated Power Supply systems (IPS) are provided with auto changeover arrangements as available in station. The lab has been newly setup to provide complete idea of power supply arrangements of Signalling & Telecom equipment.
- The trainee will get to know the various power supply arrangements, it’s maintenance, lightning and Surge protection systems and failure attention and hands on practice of attending failure.
- Solar panels are also provided for trainees to have acquaintance with non-conventional energy sources and it’s maintenance.
This lab has the following equipment's:
- Integrated Power Supply systesm
HBL Nife make
TELECOM SETUP IN POWER SYSTEMS LAB
- Solar panels with charge controller
- Class A protection
- Low maintenance battery – 55 main battery + 5 spare cells
- Surge protection devices – wired and display models.
- Power supply arrangements for Telecom requirements of OFC hut, CCEO of control, Telephone Exchange, Train Radio Systems etc. is provided for trainees to have hands on experience on installation, maintenance & troubleshooting of power supply systems.
- 48V, 25A SMPS chargers as per RDSO spec RDSO/SPN/TL/23/99, Ver 4.0, two numbers for hands-on training and one number of SMPS charger for demo purpose to understand the internal PCBs, SPDs (B&C protection schemes) have been provided.
- 24x2V, 120 AH & 200 AH VRLA battery banks as per spec. IRS S 93/96, two numbers have been provided.
- 12.5 KVA DG set with a change-over panel as per the conditions of usage of generator as standby or main supply in way station.
- Flexi charts indicating Block diagram of SMPS charger, VRLA battery schematic and advantages & limitations of VRLA have been provided for appreciation of trainees.